1. The engine’s runnin’ but ain’t nobody driving = Not overly intelligent.
2. As welcome as a skunk at a lawn party (self-explanatory).
3. Tighter than bark on a tree = Not very generous.
4. Big hat, no cattle = All talk and no action.
5. We’ve howdied but we ain’t shook yet = We’ve made a brief acquaintance, but not been
6. He thinks the sun come up just to hear him crow = He has a pretty high opinion of himself.
7. She’s got tongue enough for ten rows of teeth = That woman can talk.
8. It’s so dry the trees are bribin’ the dogs = We really could use a little rain around here.
9. Just because a chicken has wings doesn’t mean it can fly = Appearances can be deceptive.
10. This ain’t my first rodeo = I’ve been around awhile.
11. He looks like the dog’s been keepin’ him under the porch = Not the most handsome of men.
12. They ate supper before they said grace = Living in sin.
13. Time to paint your butt white and run with the antelope = Stop arguing and do as you’re told.
14. As full of wind as a corn-eating horse = prone to boasting.
15. You can put your boots in the oven, but that doesn’t make them biscuits = You can say
whatever you want about something, but that doesn’t change what it is.
Language is a virus from outer space. - William S Burroughs
A riot is the language of the unheard. - Martin Luther King, Jr.
The eyes have one language everywhere. - George Herbert
Dance is the hidden language of the soul. - Martha Graham
Life is a foreign language; all men mispronounce it. - Christopher Morley
Language exerts hidden power, like a moon on the tides. - Rita Mae Brown
The art of communication is the language of leadership. - James Humes
Real programmers can write assembly code in any language. - Larry Wall
Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain. - Lily Tomlin
An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language. - Martin Buber
To a child's ear, 'mother' is magic in any language. - Arlene Benedict
Changes in language often reflect the changing values of a culture. - Ravi Zacharias
Think like a wise man but communicate in the language of the people. - William Butler Yeats
The four most beautiful words in our common language: I told you so. - Gore Vidal
Silence is the language of God; it is also the language of the heart. - Sivananda
If you're a good numbers person, you're a bad language person. - Frank Luntz
Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. - Mark Twain
Dreams say what they mean, but they don't say it in daytime language. - Gail Godwin
Symptoms are the body's mother tongue; signs are in a foreign language. - John Brown
You know you're a redneck if your home has wheels and your car doesn't. - Jeff Foxworthy
Three problems we have: lack of boundaries, insufficient language, incompletions. - Thomas Leonard
The most beautiful words in the English language are "cheque enclosed". - Dorothy Parker
I personally think we developed language because of our deep inner need to complain. - Jane Wagner
Everybody laughs the same in every language because laughter is a universal connection. - Yakov Smirnoff
Never make fun of someone who speaks broken English. It means they know another language. - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
A person's name is, to that person, the sweetest, most important sound in any language. - Dale Carnegie
The first man to use abusive language instead of his fists was the founder of civilization. - Sigmund Freud
Officialese: A government language where you can understand the words, but not the sentences - Daffynitions joe-ks.com
It's a strange world of language in which skating on thin ice can get you into hot water. - Franklin P. Jones
German is the most extravagantly ugly language - it sounds like someone using a sick bag on a 747. - Willy Rushton
You might be a redneck if your wheelbarrow breaks and it takes four relatives to figure out how to fix it. - Jeff Foxworthy
Language, identity, place, home: these are all of a piece - just different elements of belonging and not-belonging. - Jhumpa Lahiri
If the English language made any sense, 'lackadaisical' would have something to do with a shortage of flowers. - Doug Larson
The longest word in the English language is the one following the phrase, "And now a word from our sponsor." - Hal Eaton
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are,
"I'm from the government and I'm here to help." - Ronald Reagan
Always try to use the language so as to make quite clear what you mean and make sure your sentence couldn't mean anything else. - C S Lewis
You can imagine me as a kid growing up in redneck Texas with ballet shoes, tucking the violin under my arm. I had to fight my way up. - Patrick Swayze
Heard about the young deaf boy who used sign language?
One day he told his mother a dirty joke and she washed his hands out with soap. - Red Skelton
I remain convinced that obstinate addiction to ordinary language in our private thoughts is one of the main obstacles to progress in philosophy. - Bertrand Russell
Mathematicians are like Frenchmen: whatever you say to them they translate into their own language and forthwith it is something entirely different. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
& Redneck Sections
How To Cook A Deer
How To Make A Deer Stand
Kitchen Time Out
Passing The Buck
Redneck Deer Stand
Redneck Family Gathering
Redneck Porch Hunter
Redneck Riding Lawnmower
Redneck Teeter Totter
Redneck Wave Runner
Summer in Saskatchewan
Young Body Painter
Ice Cream Burqa
Antler Switch Plate
Redneck Cotter Pin
Your Fly Is Down
Political Promise Hauler