1. Calculate the smallest limb diameter on a persimmon tree that will support a 10 pound possum.
2. Which of the following cars will rust out the quickest when placed on blocks in your front yard? A) ’66 Ford Fairlane B) ’69 Chevrolet Chevelle C) ’64 Pontiac GTO
3. If your uncle builds a still that operates at a capacity of 20 gallons of shine per hour, how many car radiators are necessary to condense the product?
4. A woodcutter has a chain saw that operates at 2700 rpm. The density of the pine trees in a plot to be harvested is 470 per acre. The plot is 2.3 acres in size. The average tree diameter is 14 inches. How many Budweiser Tallboys will it take to cut the trees?
5. If every old refrigerator in the state vented a charge of R-12 simultaneously, what would be the decrease in the ozone layer?
6. A front porch is constructed of 2x8 pine on 24-inch centers with a field rock foundation. The span is 8 feet and the porch length is 16 feet. The porch floor is 1 inch rough sawn pine. When the porch collapses, how many hound dogs will be killed?
7. A man owns a house and 3.7 acres of land in a hollow with an average slope of 15%. The man has 5 children. Can each of the children place a mobile home on the man’s land?
8. A 2-ton truck is overloaded and proceeding down a steep grade on a secondary road at 45 mph. The brakes fail. Given the average traffic loading of secondary roads, how many people will swerve to avoid the truck before it crashes at the bottom of the mountain?
* For extra credit, how many of the vehicles that swerved will have mufflers and uncracked windshields?
9. A coal mine operates an NFPA Class 1, Division 2 Hazardous Area. The mine employs 120 miners per shift. A gas warning is issued at the beginning of 3rd shift. How many cartons of unfiltered Camels will be smoked during the shift?
10. How many generations will it take before cattle develop two legs shorter than the others because of grazing along a mountainside?
11. At a reduction in gene pool variability rate of 7.5% per generation, how long will it take a town that has been bypassed by the interstate to breed a country-western singer?
How Rednecks succeed at College
See if he passed the literaracy test. - Archie Bunker
Architecture begins where engineering ends. - Walter Gropius
The writer is the engineer of the human soul. - Joseph Stalin
Truth is simple, requiring neither study nor art. - Ammian
Pedestrian: a man whose son is home from college. - Unknown
I've won at every level, except college and pro. - Shaquille O'Neal
Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live. - Conte Vittorio Afieri
I'll take a drug test, if you'll take an IQ test. - Fritz Hollings
The tests of life are not meant to break you but make you. - Norman Vincent Peale
Cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education. - Mark Twain
I was a great student at a great school, Wharton School of Finance. - Donald Trump
Texas is now a cornerstone of the electoral college for Republicans. - Ed Gillespie
College is a place to keep warm between high school and an early marriage. - George Gobel
Law school is the opposite of sex. Even when it's good it's lousy. - Unknown
Descartes commanded the future from his study more than Napoleon from the throne. - Oliver Holmes
I wanted to study to be a dental hygienist, marry a rich dentist, and hang it up. - Vicki Lawrence
A study of economics usually reveals that the best time to buy anything is last year. - Marty Allen
The test and the use of man's education is that he finds pleasure in the exercise of his mind. - Jacques Martin Barzun
It is a fine thing to have ability, but the ability to discover ability in others is the true test. - Elbert Hubbard
The only reason they say 'Women and children first' is to test the strength of the lifeboats. - Jean Kerr
If we are made of atoms, then a scientist studying atoms is actually a group of atoms studying themselves. - Unknown
It used to take me all vacation to grow a new hide in place of the one they flogged off me during school term. - Mark Twain
In school, every period ends with a bell. Every sentence ends with a period. Every crime ends with a sentence. - Steven Wright
There are advantages to being President. The day after I was elected, I had my high school grades classified Top Secret. - Ronald Reagan
The Swedish engineer who invented the zip fastener made a greater intellectual leap than many scientists do in a lifetime. - Martin Rees
We study the glory of God, and the honour and liberty of parliament, for which we fight, without seeking our own interests. - Oliver Cromwell
NASA scientists have been studying giraffe skin so they can apply what they learn from it to the construction of spacesuits. - Joanna Lumley
Camping is not a date; it's an endurance test. If you can survive camping with someone, you should marry them on the way home. - Yvonne Prinz
That is the exploration that awaits you! Not mapping stars and studying nebula, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence. - Leonard Nimoy
My son really has the spirit of Valentine's Day. When he was in college, he used to send his mother a heart-shaped box of laundry. - Milton Berle
They submitted bills, and we paid them. Then we checked the engineering reports and found out that we had paid them far more than we owed them. - Donald Trump
I was thrown out of college during my freshman year, for cheating on my metaphysics final - I looked within the soul of the boy sitting next to me. - Woody Allen
There is not better way of exercising the imagination than the study of law. No poet ever interpreted nature as freely as a lawyer interprets the truth. - Jean Giraudoux
Graduation speeches were invented largely in the belief that college students should never be released into the world until they have been properly sedated. - Garry Trudeau
The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson. - Tom Bodett
If you want to succeed, worry less about what college you get into and more about doing your homework, taking care of your chores and being nice to other people. - Jay Mathews
As an adult and a parent, when I'm not acting, I'm not acting. I'm being a parent, and I'm on the school run, and I'm sewing labels onto socks. - Kate Winslet
I make two movies a year to take care of the butcher and the baker and the school fees. Then I try to write, but it's not that easy. Acting is what's easy. - David Niven
If Moses had gone to Harvard Law School and spent three years working on the Hill, he would have written the Ten Commandments with three exceptions and a saving clause. - Charles Morgan
Left to ourselves, we might pick the wrong health insurance, the wrong mortgage, the wrong school for our kids; why, unless they stop us, we might pick the wrong light bulb. - Mitch Daniels
College, Engineering & Redneck Sections
Anything To Pass The Exam
Apocryphal Metaphors from Student Essays
Children’s Science Exam Answers
Inspiring School Exams
The Bicycle Tree of Vashon Island
Rad Cat - Curled Up Cat Nap
A Dog's Worst Nightmare
Bike Park - Where'd It Go?
Dog Walking For a Healthy Lifestyle
Ice Cone Cat
Disciple Golf Day
2020 Hooters Owl and Birds of Prey Calendars (3)
Buy One Get One Free
We Get It, You're From Texas
Bed Ridden and Proud Of It
Make America Grate Again