- Have dinner ready, Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal ready, on time for his return.
This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospect of a good meal (especially his favourite dish) is part of the warm welcome needed.
- Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you’ll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people.
- Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it.
- Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before
your husband arrives.
- Gather up schoolbooks, toys, paper etc. and then run a dustcloth over the tables.
- Over the cooler months of the year you should prepare and light a fire for him to unwind by. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift too. After all, catering for his comfort will provide you with immense personal satisfaction.
- Prepare the children. Take a few minutes to wash the children’s hands and faces (if they are small), comb their hair and, if necessary, change their clothes. They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the part. Minimise all noise. At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of the washer, dryer or vacuum. Try to encourage the children to be quiet.
- Be happy to see him.
- Greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him.
- Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first - remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours.
- Make the evening his. Never complain if he comes home late or goes out to dinner, or other places of entertainment without you. Instead, try to understand his world of strain and pressure and his very real need to be at home and relax.
- Your goal: Try to make sure your home is a place of peace, order and tranquility where your husband can renew himself in body and spirit.
- Don’t greet him with complaints and problems.
- Don’t complain if he’s late home for dinner or even if he stays out all night. Count this as minor compared to what he might have gone through that day.
- Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or have him lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him.
- Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soothing and pleasant voice.
- Don’t ask him questions about his actions or question his judgment or integrity. Remember, he is the master of the house and as such will always exercise his will with fairness and truthfulness.
You have no right to question
- A good wife always knows her place.
What Britain needs is an iron lady. - Margaret Thatcher
My favorite thing to make for dinner is reservations. - Unknown
No man should plant more garden than his wife can hoe. - Old Saying
Out for lunch. If not back by five, out for dinner also. - Unknown
In Hollywood, a marriage is a success if it outlasts milk. - Rita Rudner
We're eating dinner soon. Don't fill up on homework. - Alex Baze
Politics doesn't make strange bedfellows - marriage does. - Groucho Marx
A lady of a 'certain age', which means Certainly aged. - Lord Byron
My wife is a sex object. Every time I ask for sex, she objects. - Les Dawson
One of the best hearing aids a man can have is an attentive wife. - Groucho Marx
When a man brings his wife flowers for no reason, there's a reason. - Molly McGee
My wife's an earth sign. I'm a water sign. Together we make mud. - Henny Youngman
Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper. - Adelle Davis
College is a place to keep warm between high school and an early marriage. - George Gobel
Marriage is really tough because you have to deal with feelings and lawyers. - Richard Pryor
The great majority of neuroses in women have their origin in the marriage bed. - Sigmund Freud
Marriage is very difficult. It's like a 5,000-piece jigsaw puzzle, all sky. - Cathy Ladman
I look like a real bag lady when I go to Starbucks with my dog and get my chai. - Shirley MacLaine
I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine marriage and a career. - Gloria Steinem
A son is a son till he takes him a wife, a daughter is a daughter all of her life. - Unknown
Marriage is like a bank account. You put it in, you take it out, you lose interest. - Irwin Corey
Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't. - Margaret Thatcher
Our marriage vows: till death do us part, for better for worse, in secrets and in health. - Archie Bunker
In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out. - Joey Adams
Every time I try to make my marriage more exciting, my wife finds out about it right away. - Bob Monkhouse
I'm kind of honored to be a dragon lady. The dragon is a very powerful, mythical animal. - Yoko Ono
I'm not a real movie star. I've still got the same wife I started out with 28 years ago. - Will Rogers
The truly free man is the one who will turn down an invitation to dinner without giving an excuse. - Jules Renard
At a formal dinner party, the person nearest death should always be seated closest to the bathroom. - George Carlin
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid. - Jane Austen
Ladies, if a man says he will fix it, he will. There is no need to remind him every 6 months about it. - Unknown
What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife. - Rodney Dangerfield
Many marriages would be better if the husband and wife clearly understood that they are on the same side. - Zig Ziglar
For two people in a marriage to live together day after day is unquestionably the only miracle the Vatican has overlooked. - Bill Cosby
It is very vulgar to talk about one's business. Only people like stockbrokers do that, and then merely at dinner parties. - Oscar Wilde
I'm amazed that my wife and I created two human beings from scratch, yet struggle to assemble the most basic of IKEA cabinets. - John Kinnear
With my wife I don't get no respect. I made a toast on her birthday to "the best woman a man ever had." The waiter joined me. - Rodney Dangerfield
I'm readin' in the paper where the CIA is dopin' people up. Maybe somebody injected some of that LSD in the lady's cottage cheese. - Archie Bunker
Some people claim that marriage interferes with romance. There's no doubt about it. Anytime you have a romance, your wife is bound to interfere. - Groucho Marx
Being a dad isn't just about eating a huge bag of gummy bears as your wife gives birth. It means being comfortable with the word 'hero.' - Ryan Reynolds