• In 1829, a ship called The Mermaid was four days away from her destination of Sydney, Australia, when a massive storm struck and drove the ship into a reef. All twenty-two people on board survived and were able to swim to safety.
• Three days later, the Swiftsure rescued them.
• Five days later, the Swiftsure sank.
• Victims from both ships were rescued by the schooner Governor Ready.
• Three hours later, the Governor Ready caught fire.
• The Comet pulled everyone from lifeboats and brought them aboard.
• Five days later, the Comet sank. The crew went for help in a longboat, leaving the passengers floating in the water.
• Eighteen hours later, the mail boat Jupiter pulled everyone out of the ocean.
• In under twelve hours, the Jupiter sank.
• Everyone was rescued by the passenger vessel The City of Leeds.
• Four days later, The City of Leeds docked in Sydney, Australia.
The bad news was that five ships were lost.
The good news was that not a single person died.
Bizarre, History, Ship & Survivors Sections
Police Car Of The Year
Fencing Down Under
Shopping Cart Chair
Lord of the Wings
It's Play Time!
Advantages of Mother's Milk
2fer Sudoku Puzzles
Hampton Inn Zombies
Cat Bunk Beds
Bacon My Heart
Voted #1 Humor Site