• In 1829, a ship called The Mermaid was four days away from her destination of Sydney, Australia, when a massive storm struck and drove the ship into a reef. All twenty-two people on board survived and were able to swim to safety.
• Three days later, the Swiftsure rescued them.
• Five days later, the Swiftsure sank.
• Victims from both ships were rescued by the schooner Governor Ready.
• Three hours later, the Governor Ready caught fire.
• The Comet pulled everyone from lifeboats and brought them aboard.
• Five days later, the Comet sank. The crew went for help in a longboat, leaving the passengers floating in the water.
• Eighteen hours later, the mail boat Jupiter pulled everyone out of the ocean.
• In under twelve hours, the Jupiter sank.
• Everyone was rescued by the passenger vessel The City of Leeds.
• Four days later, The City of Leeds docked in Sydney, Australia.
The bad news was that five ships were lost.
The good news was that not a single person died.
Bizarre, History, Ship & Survivors Sections
The Advantage of being Colour Blind
Dreams Come True
Russian Police Car
Finger Lickin' Good!
Perfect Valentines Day
Lawn Time Awakening
Valentine Love and Hisses
Flower Shop For Men
Valentine's Day Quotes by Milton Berle
Word Search Puzzles
Swimming Without Getting Your Hair Wet
Voted #1 Humor Site