• In 1829, a ship called The Mermaid was four days away from her destination of Sydney, Australia, when a massive storm struck and drove the ship into a reef. All twenty-two people on board survived and were able to swim to safety.
• Three days later, the Swiftsure rescued them.
• Five days later, the Swiftsure sank.
• Victims from both ships were rescued by the schooner Governor Ready.
• Three hours later, the Governor Ready caught fire.
• The Comet pulled everyone from lifeboats and brought them aboard.
• Five days later, the Comet sank. The crew went for help in a longboat, leaving the passengers floating in the water.
• Eighteen hours later, the mail boat Jupiter pulled everyone out of the ocean.
• In under twelve hours, the Jupiter sank.
• Everyone was rescued by the passenger vessel The City of Leeds.
• Four days later, The City of Leeds docked in Sydney, Australia.
The bad news was that five ships were lost.
The good news was that not a single person died.
Bizarre, History, Ship & Survivors Sections
XL Safety Shoes
Colorectal Exam For Dogs
How To Stop Snoring
Heineken Meets Star Wars
Just Like Grandpa
High Heel Diver
Leading Edge Climber
Garden Gnome Soccer