• In 1829, a ship called The Mermaid was four days away from her destination of Sydney, Australia, when a massive storm struck and drove the ship into a reef. All twenty-two people on board survived and were able to swim to safety.
• Three days later, the Swiftsure rescued them.
• Five days later, the Swiftsure sank.
• Victims from both ships were rescued by the schooner Governor Ready.
• Three hours later, the Governor Ready caught fire.
• The Comet pulled everyone from lifeboats and brought them aboard.
• Five days later, the Comet sank. The crew went for help in a longboat, leaving the passengers floating in the water.
• Eighteen hours later, the mail boat Jupiter pulled everyone out of the ocean.
• In under twelve hours, the Jupiter sank.
• Everyone was rescued by the passenger vessel The City of Leeds.
• Four days later, The City of Leeds docked in Sydney, Australia.
The bad news was that five ships were lost.
The good news was that not a single person died.
Bizarre, History, Ship & Survivors Sections
Clean Windows Are Highly Over-rated
The Great Depression
Stop, You're Under A Rest!
Crowston Connector Hike, Sechelt
Drive Thru Restaurants
Canadian Temperature Conversion Chart
Don't Ever Give Up
Every Man Should Get One
Hidden Grove Hike, Tuwanek -/ Sandy Hook
Redneck Stove Burner
Jigsaw Sudoku Puzzles
An Evening Prayer
Old Man Winter
F18 Mid-Air Collision
Voted #1 Humor Site