A couple in Sweetwater, Texas had a lot of potted plants, and during a recent
cold spell, the wife was bringing a lot of them indoors to protect them from a
possible freeze. It turned out that a little green garden grass snake was hidden
in one of the plants and when it had warmed up, it slithered out and the wife
saw it go under the sofa. She let out a very loud scream.
The husband, who was taking a shower, ran out into the living room naked to see
what the problem was. She told him there was a snake under the sofa. He got down
on the floor on his hands and knees to look for it. About that time the family
dog came and cold nosed him on the rear. He thought the snake had bitten him and
His wife thought he had a heart attack, so she called an ambulance. The
attendants rushed in and loaded him on the stretcher and started carrying him
About that time the snake came out from under the sofa and one of the Emergency
Medical Technicians saw it and dropped his end of the stretcher. That’s when the
man broke his leg and why he is still in the hospital.
The wife still had the problem of the snake in the house, so she called on a
neighbor man. He volunteered to capture the snake. He armed himself with a
rolled-up newspaper and began poking under the couch. Soon he decided it was
gone and told the woman, who sat down on the sofa in relief.
But in relaxing, her hand dangled in between the cushion where she felt the
snake wriggling around. She screamed and fainted, the snake rushed back under
the sofa, and the neighbor man, seeing her laying there passed out tried to use
CPR to revive her. The neighbor’s wife, who had just returned from shopping at
the grocery store, saw her husband’s mouth on the woman’s mouth and slammed her
husband on the back of the head with a bag of canned goods, knocking him out and
cutting his scalp to a point where it needed stitches. An ambulance was again
called when it was determined that the injury required hospitalization.
The noise woke the woman from her dead faint and she saw her neighbor lying on
the floor with his wife bending over him, so she assumed he had been bitten by
the snake. She went to the kitchen, brought back a small bottle of whiskey, and
began pouring it down the man’s throat. By now the police had arrived. They saw
the unconscious man, smelled the whiskey, and assumed that a drunken fight had
occurred. They were about to arrest them all, when the two women tried to
explain how it all happened over a little green snake.
The ambulance arrived and took away the neighbor and his sobbing wife. Just then
the little snake crawled out from under the couch. One of the policemen drew his
gun and fired at it. He missed the snake and hit the leg of the end table that
was on one side of the sofa. The table fell
over and the lamp on it shattered and as the bulb broke, it started a fire in
the drapes. The other policeman tried to beat out the flames and fell through
the window into the yard on top of the family dog, who startled, jumped up and
raced out into the street, where an oncoming car swerved to avoid it and smashed
into the parked police car and set it on fire. Meanwhile, the burning drapes had
spread to the walls and the entire house was blazing. Neighbors had called the
fire department and the arriving fire truck had started raising his ladder when
they were halfway down the street. The rising ladder tore out the overhead wires
and pulled out the electricity and disconnected telephones in a ten-square city
Both men were discharged from the hospital. The house was re-built. The police
acquired a new car, and all was right with the world. About a year later the
original couple were watching TV and the weatherman announced a cold snap for
that night. The husband asked his wife if she thought they should bring in their
plants for the night.
She shot him.
4x4 Kitchen Design
World's Largest Sudoku Puzzle
Row Your Goat
Moment Just Before Being Soaked... @ T - 1
Bridge Claimed Another One
Thin Polar Bear